Maintaining AES Scholarships
AES recipients agree to meet the following academic requirements:
- Earn a 3.0 GPA or better each semester and a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better at the conclusion of each academic year.
- Complete a minimum of 15 unique UT Dallas credit hours per semester and complete a total of 30 unique UT Dallas credit hours at the conclusion of each academic year.
- Adhere to the UT Dallas Student Code of Conduct. The AES Program reserves the right to review violations of the UT Dallas Code of Conduct in order to determine AES eligibility.
Understanding the Academic Requirements
Students who do not complete 15 unique UT Dallas credit hours and/or achieve a 3.0 GPA or better at the conclusion of each semester are placed on probation. Violations of the UT Dallas Code of Conduct in current or previous semesters may also result in probation. Students placed on probation will be required to participate in our AES Student Success Program.
✓ Met requirement
✕ Did not meet requirement
Semester Requirements based on Term GPA and Hours Completed
|Semester||Term GPA 3.0||Term Hours 15||Action|
|Fall||✓||✓||No action required|
|Fall||✕||✓||Student Success Program in spring|
|Fall||✓||✕||Student Success Program in spring|
|Fall||✕||✕||Student Success Program in spring|
|Spring||✓||✓||No action required|
|Spring||✕||✓||Student Success Program in fall|
|Spring||✓||✕||Student Success Program in fall|
|Spring||✕||✕||Student Success Program in fall|
AES students must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and complete a total of 30 unique UT Dallas credit hours each academic year. Students who do not meet both of these requirements are subject to termination. Prior to termination, each student may be given the opportunity to participate in the AES Summer Academic Progress Initiative (SAPI). Students who repeatedly do not meet the AES requirements may be terminated without the option of participating in SAPI. Emails regarding scholarship status and the actions necessary to retain awards are sent to students who are at risk for termination.
✓ Met requirement
✕ Did not meet requirement
Academic Year Requirements Based on Cumulative GPA and Total Hours Completed
|Semester||Cumulative GPA 3.0||Cumulative Hours 30||Action|
|End of Academic Year (Spring)||✓||✓||No action required - scholarship maintained|
|End of Academic Year (Spring)||✕||✓||Option to participate in Summer Academic Progress Initiative (SAPI)||If student does not participate in SAPI, AES is terminated|
|End of Academic Year (Spring)||✓||✕||Option to participate in Summer Academic Progress Initiative (SAPI)||If student does not participate in SAPI, AES is terminated|
|End of Academic Year (Spring)||✕||✕||Option to participate in Summer Academic Progress Initiative (SAPI)||If student does not participate in SAPI, AES is terminated|
AES Student Success Program
The AES Student Success Program engages AES students who may not be on track to meet the AES academic requirements necessary to maintain their scholarship. At the conclusion of the fall and spring semesters, students who have not met the program academic requirements are required to participate in the Student Success Program. Failure to participate will lead to automatic termination of the scholarship.
In this program, students receive one-on-one attention from advisors in the Student Outreach and Academic Retention (SOAR) office to:
- Create a personalized academic success plan
- Learn about the helpful resources that are available on campus, such as the Student Success Center and Student Counseling Center
- Discuss challenges and develop creative solutions
If students receive an AES probation notice, they must attend a meeting with a Scholarship Probation Advisor prior to census day (the 14th day of classes) of the current semester or their scholarship will be terminated.
Summer Academic Progress Initiative
Participating in the Summer Academic Progress Initiative (SAPI) allows students to utilize their AES during the summer semester to take the courses needed to meet the AES academic year requirements and maintain their scholarship. Failure to participate in SAPI will lead to automatic termination of the scholarship.
The Summer Academic Progress Initiative requires the following:
- Enrollment in a minimum of nine UT Dallas hours. Courses are to be determined through consultation with the student's academic advisor.
- A semester GPA of a 3.0 and a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 earned at the conclusion of the summer session.
- Regular meetings with a Scholarship Probation Advisor from the SOAR Office.
- Utilization of one semester of AES eligibility.
Failure to meet the above requirements will result in the termination of the scholarship.